Fabric + Flow FAQ's
Where is Fabric + Flow located?
- Fabric + Flow is located in the western Canadian city of Edmonton, Alberta. All orders are cut and shipped with love in our production space just north of West Edmonton Mall.
Is there a brick-and-mortar shop to purchase sewing materials from Fabric + Flow in person?
- Fabric + Flow is an e-commerce only business, but we love visitors, so pick-ups welcome!
Are discounts offered on bulk orders?
- We are currently working on a bulk order program. Stay tuned for more details to come.
What currency are prices listed on our site?
- Canadian dollars, but you can toggle to a different currency at the bottom of the footer page.
What type of fabric is best suited for my project?
- We know it can be overwhelming to decide which fabric base is best suited for a project, so we've created a handy Base Guide for quick reference. If you need further information, feel free to reach out to email@example.com. We don't currently have swatches listed on our site, but you can reach out to us for help with that.
How much fabric is needed for my project?
- How much fabric you will need for a project is challenging to determine remotely, so we recommend choosing a pattern and following the designer's listed meterage requirements.
Will sold-out fabrics be restocked?
- Unfortunately, not all of our fabrics are available for reordering; however, we will restock many of our basics and top-sellers. If you would like more information about a specific fabric pattern, send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why does the fabric I reordered look different than the first time I received it?
- Fabric colours may vary between dye lots. If it has been a considerable length of time since your initial purchase, we cannot guarantee that fabric of the same colour will match your original piece exactly. We recommend purchasing your yardage all at once to avoid any colour discrepancies.
How Long will it take for my order to be prepared?
- Orders consisting of only in-stock fabrics and notions will take 1-2 weeks for processing time but may arrive sooner.
- Pre Ordered Prints may take up to 10 weeks, depending on our partner processing times.
- If you purchase In Stock items on the same transaction as Pre Order fabrics, they will all arrive in the same package. This means the shipping time for your entire order may take up to 10 weeks to arrive.
- We are unable to combine orders at this time.
Can I cancel my order?
- Cancelled orders will be subject to a 15% cancellation fee, so long as your fabric has not been cut. Once the material is cut, it is considered a final sale. Please email us at email@example.com to make a cancellation request.
Can I order fabric swatches?
- We do not currently offer fabric swatches but will be coming out with swatch cards soon. Stay tuned for more information.
ShippingI live in Edmonton or the surrounding area. Can I pick up my order?
- Yes, We love having visitors! Local customers can schedule a pick-up from 11 am - 3 pm Monday through Thursday.
How will my order be shipped, and how long will it take to arrive?
- Our shipping window is 1-2 weeks. This time may vary depending on where you're located. Please see our shipping page for additional information.
My order is experiencing shipping delays. Help!
- Postal delays have become common due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and shipping companies cannot guarantee delivery dates regardless of which parcel delivery is selected. Unfortunately, we have no control over packages once they leave our facility and receive the same information linked to your tracking number. If your order has not received a tracking update beyond our standard shipping window, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will open an investigation with the courier service.
My order was lost, damaged or stolen in transit. What should I do?
- If your order has been lost in transit, don't hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com. Please include your order number and tracking information to avoid additional delays. We will assist you by opening an investigation with the courier service.
- For damaged orders, please send us a photo of your fabric, and we will arrange a replacement or refund in the form of an e-gift card for fabric + flow
The courier returned my order to the sender. Can you send it back to me?
- Yes, however, Fabric + Flow will require a shipping charge calculated on the weight of your parcel to have the package reshipped.
I am located outside of Canada. Will I be charged customs and duties on my order?
- The courier and customs should require no additional charges to receive your order.
How much is shipping?
- Orders of $175 will receive free shipping at this time. Orders under $175 will have a flat rate shipping charge of $17.